Who Are We?
We are a network of people who care about our Veterans. We are your brothers and sisters in arms, your neighbors, your politicians. We are your employer and your employee, your local hardware store, realtor, accountant, or formal Veteran Services Organization. We are the Veteran family, and we exist to take care of our own.
As Veterans, we of course have a mission statement:
“The Mission of SERVE is to bring gulf coast area veterans groups and organizations together to combine resources and information to improve the lives of our military personnel and their families.”
So What Can SERVE Do?
With over 50 local and national organizations plus countless individual contributors, SERVE can find the answer you are looking for. We don’t do handouts, but if you are looking for an opportunity, just a chance, or maybe just someone who will listen to you talk about the VA, we have you covered. From finding your DD214, to submitting a congressional complaint, from marriage counseling to transportation, mental health to construction, VA benefits to where to find a great cigar, we can handle it.
If you are frustrated with being turned down by every Veteran Service Organization you have contacted, give us a chance. We specialize in catching those who fall through the cracks. If you want to be a part of something pretty awesome, come on down. If you are trying to sell something or looking for free money, that’s not what we are about. We have work to do and there are Veterans out there who need a hand. Most of us have been there ourselves, and we all feel the obligation of being part of that Veteran family. Let’s find a way to make our Veteran community stronger.
We provide assistance in the following areas:
• Locating DD214
• Justice involved Veterans (Veteran Treatment Courts)
• Career Counseling and resume services
• Applying for or updating disability rating
• Navigating the VA
• Locating lost medals
• Scuba diving,
• In home healthcare
• Getting involved in the community or volunteering,
• Transitioning back into family life programs
Help us break the current cycle of Veteran suicides by letting us help you with your mental health. We have access to a multitude of organizations that provide;
• Assistance and peer support to veterans and their families.
• Formalized counseling,
• Self care,
• PTSD and other mental health challenges
Financial Assitance and Counseling
When it comes to finances and counseling, we have numerous organizations to assist you. Areas of expertise include:
• Emergency financing for rent, utilities and living expenses,
• Financial counseling to reduce debt and/or improve credit,
• Auto lending from multiple sources,
• College education and the Hazelwood Act
Home Ownership, Education and Repair
Do you currently own a home, suffered damage from recent weather, need to make improvements or modifications or looking to become a homeowner for the first time? Our organizations have access to:
• Homebuyer Education classes,
• Grants to repair or modify your current home if you are disabled,
• Construction of specialty adapted homes
• Loans for every day home improvements
• Funding for rebuilding/repairing after Hurricane Harvey
To find out more about the services mentioned above, visit our Organizations section for more details.
If you are a Veteran in need of assistance, have a question or would like to participate in SERVE, contact us below.